If you are a vegan, you might want to skip this article about the age-defying benefits of gelatin and check out our 100% vegan Pho instead: CLICK HERE FOR VEGAN PHO.
For the meat lovers still reading, we have an important lesson for you: There’s more to meat than just the meat!
What is the difference between gelatin and collagen?
In an age of processed foods where we are given a clean slab of red meat or boneless chicken breast at the supermarket, we’re commonly missing out on the nourishment of utilizing other parts of the animal such as the gelatin that comes from cooking the bones, connective tissues, skin, and tendons. This causes a protein called collagen to come out, which is filled with rich amino acids. The main amino acids are glycine and proline.
Collagen is the protein found in connective tissue. It’s abundant in bone, marrow, cartilage, tendons, and ligaments. As such, the gelatin found in a healthy bowl of pho have the following anti-aging and health benefits…
10 Anti-Aging & Health Benefits of Gelatin:
- Collagen in a bowl of pho’s bone broth reduces the appearance of wrinkles and banishes cellulite by increasing the elasticity of your skin. As such, consuming collagen will help improve the look and feel of your skin much more effectively then harder-to-absorb collagen facial creams.
- Collagen protects and soothes the lining of the digestive tract and can aid in healing IBS, Crohn’s, ulcerative colitis and acid reflux.
- Gelatin promotes probiotic balance and growth.
- Gelatin actually stimulates your body to produce more collagen.
- Gelatin contains lots of amino acids important in helping to prevent the weakness and degeneration of cartilage in joints. Gelatin, with its anti-inflammatory properties, has also been shown to reduce the pain and inflammation of arthritis.
- Glycine, an amino acid found in gelatin, assists the liver to efficiently remove toxins from our system.
- Gelatin contains keratin, which is a very strong protein found in your hair, nails, teeth and skin.
- Gelatin helps speed up wound healing: One of the amino acids found in gelatin is glycine, which is highly anti-inflammatory.
- Gelatin can improve your quality of sleep: Clinical studies have shown that not only do people sleep better when consuming the amino acid glycine, they report less daytime drowsiness and better cognitive function.
- Gelatin can help with weight loss: Gelatin is thought to increase the production of Human Growth Hormone and to boost metabolism.